The Toledo Zoo is selling Native Trees and Shrubs!
Orders can be placed on this website, or you can download an order form here if you would prefer to mail in your order by August 15. Trees and shrubs can be picked up on Saturday, September 8th, 2018 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Zoo Warehouse Parking Lot (Located at 749 Spencer Street).
Benefits of Planting Native Trees and Shrubs
- Increase the value of your home as they mature in the landscape.
- Street trees can slow traffic on residential streets and neighborhoods.
- Provide shade for outdoor activities.
- Reduce stress and increase as sense of overall wellbeing.
- Provide four-season interest to your landscape.
- Provide food and habitat for native wildlife, and food for human residents!
- Sequester carbon and produce oxygen.
- Decrease heating and cooling costs for your home.
- The root systems of trees and shrubs increase water quality by reducing runoff and soil erosion, thereby increasing ground water supply and preventing chemicals and sediment from entering waterways.
Things to know before purchasing your new tree or shrub:
- Most trees/shrubs are 3'- 5' tall at delivery unless otherwise noted.
- All trees/shrubs will be in three gallon containers.
- No refunds will be given after pickup.
Remember to consider above and below ground utilities and mature growth size when choosing trees for your property.
Need more info on trees, shrubs, growing characteristics, planting info and maintenance? Visit toledozoo.org/gardens or contact the Horticulture Department at 419-385-5721 ext. 2040 or firstname.lastname@example.org